- Salute e benessere
- 0 likes
- 1348 views
Today we are happy to inaugurate a new column, Sotto al Melograno - grains of health and healthy life. Five small periodic tips to better live in well-being with your body and with the environment that surrounds us.
We could only begin with the importance of drinking water and some benefits of hydration. At the basis of human life itself, water is the fundamental and indispensable element for the maintenance of ecosystems.
5 tips on the importance of drinking water and hydrating the body:
1) DON'T WAIT FOR THIRST - To drink, don't wait for thirst or a dry throat. Every now and then stop for a glass of water.
2) FRUIT IS NOT WATER - Eating fruit does not replace the need to drink water that our body needs. Better to combine the two.
3) LESS RISKS TO THE COLON - Drinking at least 2 liters of water a day reduces the risk of colon cancer by 45% (from the book "Nutrition for Wellness" by Giuseppe Castello).
4) DON'T EXAGGERATE WITH DRINKING - The body can tolerate a maximum of about 9.5 liters of water per day. Beyond this threshold, serious health problems can arise.
5) BENEFITS FOR THE SKIN - Drinking water has multiple benefits for the skin. From lighter color to gloss, from smoothness to elasticity.